The commanding officer of the turret was positioned on the intermediate level and aimed the turret by means of a periscope or coordinates. However, both gunners in the firing room fired at targets independently from one another, for they also had periscopic aiming devices at there disposal.
The officer communicated with the men in the firing room by means of acoustic tubes or with a Téléflex, a device used in the Navy, which was basically a mechanical telegraph.
Apart from the officer, there were 6 more men responsible for operating the machine: two men to operate and load the ammo hoist, two men responsible for making the turret turn, and two men in reserve. Eight men were at work on the lower level: their tasks were ammunition logistics and making the turret move up or down.
The 25mm guns could not replace the artillery protection the Nouveaux Fronts ouvrages needed. These anti-tank guns simply lacked the firepower and range, and this would have terrible consequences in 1940 (La Ferté).
Only one of the original turrets was placed with the original canons, at the ouvrage Les Chesnois.
The 75mm AM turret at PO Rohrbach has been magnificently restored by volunteers, and can be visited. It’s the only one remaining in the world in working condition.